These seriously were delicious and only 290 calories.
- 6 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground beef (we substitute ground turkey, cause I am a freak like that, makes it less fatty)
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce (I think next time we will use a little more than this)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (we may have used more than this but if so it wasn't much)
- Cut the stem out of the peppers and clean membrane and seeds out. Rinse.
- Cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover them for 5 minutes and then drain
- Cook the beef and the onion in a skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is brown, drain.
- Stir in the rice, salt, garlic, and 1 cup of the tomato sauce, and cook until it is hot.
- Stuff peppers in the beef mixture, and place in a casserole dish.
-Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the stuffed peppers
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, and then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes, or until peppers are tender.
-Sprinkle with cheese.
Seriously these are delicious, and super filling! If you use extra tomato sauce I would recommend adding it to the beef and rice mixture just to give it more of a sauce taste, but still good without it too.