Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
We made these tonight. Delicious!!! We will be making them again. They were not terribly greasy. We actually halfed the recipe. It takes a little bit of preparation, but it is well worth it. They are super filling! I ate one and was filled!
4 cup(s) of chicken, cooked and shredded
12 soft taco, flour tortillas
2 cup(s) of mozzarella cheese, grated
4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
1/3 cup(s) of Frank’s hot sauce
1/3 cup(s) of milk
2 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp. of Mrs. Dash (We used Seasoning Salt because we don't have Mrs. Dash)
1 tsp. of garlic powder
2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
*Note to make a lower calorie/fat version of this. Use the Fat Free or 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
3. Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
5. Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
6. Combine chicken and sauce.
7. Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
8. Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone.
9. Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.Dinner Idea: Buf f alo
10. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Serve with Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.