Looking for something low in fat and super good this is it, 165 calories per serving = delicious!
- 1 pound chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger root
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 cups broccoli flowerettes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice (if deseried)
- In a greased non stick skillet combine chicken, garlic, and ginger root on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is brown.
- Add onion, carrots, 3/4 cup broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, and bell pepper, Cover and cook 5 more minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup broth. Stir into the chicken mixture.
- Cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over warm rice