Monday, July 18, 2011

Crockput bbq chicken pull apart sandwiches

Bonesless skinless chicken breast frozen
BBQ Sauce
Onion
Seasonings

Chop an onion in the crock pot and add about 1/2 cup soda (anything cola, diet, sprite, rootbeer, dr pepper whatever you have) and then put in frozen boneless skinless chicken breast (I use about 6-8 for a good sized pot or 12-14 for a full pot) this is a lot of food though! Set on high heat and leave it to cook about 6 hours. If you are going to be gone 8 hours I'd set it on low maybe? When you get home, drain off the juices, mash up the chicken, add seasons as you like and add a large bottle of bbq sause (any flavor you like) if you are doing a huge batch I use 2 bottles of sauce. Cook on low a bit longer continuing to stir and mash into the sauce. Serve on buns with a bit of cheese or however you like! Make sure you don't put in too much sauce or it will get runny and fall off the bun! Even better the next day as a leftover! GREAT for a big bunch of people at a bbq with little to no work!

1 comment:

  1. Last time we made this with soda for some reason it seemed to burn to the sides of the crock pot more easily. What is up with that? But I love BBQ pork pull apart sandwiches so I continue to make it. I am going to have to try adding an onion next time, I think I may add some bell peppers too. Why not right?

    ReplyDelete