This was delicious. I keep thinking I need to take some pictures so you get the full blown idea of how good things are. Maybe I will be better about that this week!
-1 6.9 oz package of chicken flavor rice a roni
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (we had this the same week we have the Garden Chicken Stir Fry, so used the ginger root)
- 1 16 oz package of frozen oriental style mixed vegetable (we used fresh carrots, water chestnuts, broccoli, and snap peas)
- In a large skillet saute the rice with the margarine until the rice is brown.
- Stir in 2 cups water, chicken, teriyaki sauce, ginger, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Let stand 3 minutes.
You can also substitute 1/4 cup of orange juice for 1/4 cup of water.