Sunday, August 7, 2011

Asparagus

So Oley is now on this healthy eating kick, hence the reason I haven't posted in awhile. We are still trying to figure out what we can and can't eat.  Unfortunately, as I talked to Lauralynn she joyfully was baking up some cookies, while I was slaving over some asparagus.  Fortunately, it turned out delicious though so I will share it here with you. 

Ingredients
A medium bushel of asparagus, I used about a pound
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese. (I just used the stuff in the bottle, I know worthless)
Lemon Zest to your likening (I used half a lemon, next time I think I will use the whole thing)
Salt and Pepper to your likening

Instructions
Mix the oil, Parmesan, and lemon in a medium bowl and set aside.  Cut asparagus into thirds using diagonal slices, discarding of the white bottoms.  Boil a medium pot of water. Simmer, place asparagus in and parboil for exactly two minutes.  Drain water and add to the bowl of mixture.  Mix everything together until asparagus is well coated and season with salt and pepper to your likening.  Is best when it's warm or at room temperature. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum I absolutely love asparagus and this looks delicious! When it comes back into season this is DEFINITELY a recipe I'll be making.

    ReplyDelete