Monday, August 15, 2011

Meatballs

I have always loved my mom's meatballs and always thought she was a genius cook, only to find out that they are really not that difficult to make, but super delicious! We always pair these with some mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls.

1 box beef rice-a-roni
1 lb ground beef
1 egg

In a bowl mix the beef, egg, and rice-a-roni  rice together with your hands. It just works easier than using a spoon, and it is kinda fun. After it is good and mixed, form into small meatballs and place them in a skillet (my mom uses an electric skillet. You just need to use one that has a lid) over medium heat. Turning until all the sides are browned. As you are browning the meatballs mix the rice-a-roni sauce mix stuff together as indicated on the box. Pretty much you just add some water to the powder and mix it up. Once the meatballs are sufficiently brown, pour the sauce you just made over the top of them and skillet with the lid. Bring to a simmer and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes, you need to be turning your meatballs every so often so they all get cooked. You'll know they are done when the sauce is almost all absorbed and bit into the rice isn't crunchy.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a meat ball since I moved outta mom's house. Maybe I will see if they are healthy enough for my health nut of a husband!

    ReplyDelete