- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- Heat the oven to 350 and great a 9x9 pan
- Stir the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Add the eggs. Stir the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; and gradually add the egg mixture. Stir in nuts. Put in 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the brownies start to pull away from the side of the pan.
- Make delicious frosting and spread on brownies.
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Mix it all together adding powder sugar and milk until it reaches the proper consistency. Makes about a cup.